Spain power plug voltage adapter type

You are thinking of travel to Spain, and because of the differences of voltages and sockets will be wondering if your Appliances that will bring with you, could work in this beautiful country.  We will cover all the different Spain’s power Plug type, power voltage, and some information about the travel adapter.

The Electricity In Spain  :

  • Spain wall Outlet Voltage          : 230V
  • Spain The standard frequency  : 50 HZ
  • Spain  Power Plug Types           : C and F

The power plugs and sockets in Spain

 In Spain the power plugs and sockets are of types C and F. Check out the following pictures:

Type C: This type of plug is the plug which has two round pins.

Type F: This type of plug has two round pins with two earth clips on the side, also known as Schuko.  this socket  works also with plug C and plug E

The voltage and frequency in Spain

       The supply voltage in Spain is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You can use your electric appliances in Spain, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 – 240 V as is in the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa. If the standard voltage in your country is between 100 V – 127 V as is in the US, the most South American countries and Canada, you need a voltage converter in Spain.

       If the appliance is a single voltage rated appliance, will need to operate at the same voltage as the supply voltage of the country 230V.  But , If this is not the case it should be used along side a voltage transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work properly and safely . 

 The travel adapter in Spain

         If  you packing for a trip to Spain  it can be useful to know if you can use any common electronics such as tablets or mobile phone  when you’re there  , likely to bring the wrong charger. The difference of voltages and standards can all lead to confusion when planning to travel to another country especially for the first time traveler.

, if you are staying in a hotel  and you a problem to get an adapter you can call the hotel and request a reservation .The  adapter enables a visitor from the other countries to use electrical appliances in Spain simply by changing the shape of the plug from one type of shape to another .

The following information for travels who are living in the United State of America :

  • When living in the United States of America , you will need a power plug adapter in Spain
  • You also need a voltage converter.
  • You need to be careful with certain appliances because of the difference in frequency.
  • And  if your device is 230 volts or is dual voltage and your plug will fit in a Spanish power outlet then it will work in Spain.

Finally , if your device is 230 volts or is dual voltage but your plug won’t fit in a Spanish power outlet you will need to bring a suitable plug adapter for Spain like Type F plug adapter

Leave a Comment