When you are thinking to travel to Norway, it can be useful to know in advance if you will be able to use your appliances that you are bringing along with you. Because without knowing which wall socket is being used you may bring the wrong power adaptor. T
The Electricity in Norway:
- the Standard voltage is : 230 V
- The standard frequency : 50 HZ
- The power Plug Types : C and F
The power plugs and sockets in Norway
For Norway, there are two associated plug types : the type C and the type F. Check the following pictures :
- Type C: This plug type has two round pins.
- Type F: Is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side, also known as Schuko. And this plug socket also works with the plug type C and the plug type E.
The voltage and frequency in Norway
The standard voltage in Norway is 230 V and the standard frequency is If the standard voltage in your own country is between 220V-240V you can use all your appliances in Norway. This is mostly the case in Australia, United Kingdom , the most countries in Africa and Asia , and Europe .
And if the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100V-127V as in the United State of America, Canada and countries in South America, you will need a voltage converter in Norway. Because without a converter you will damage
The standard frequency in Norway is 50Hz. If this frequency is different than the frequency in your home country we do not advise you to use your electronic equipment in Norway. But if the voltage is the same (230V) it is possible to use your equipment for a short time at own risk.
The travel adapter in Norway
Some of appliances, like chargers for laptop, mobile phone or digital cameras, may already be compatible with multiple voltages and may just need a travel adapter.
Be careful, you need to make sure to check the voltage labels on your appliances or chargers to see if you need to use just an adapter or transformer with an adapter.
The converters and adapters are available at many major hotels and guesthouse in Norway.
Good to know :
- You will need a travel adapter for a trip from the United Kingdom to Norway. In Norway, the people are using different plugs and plug sockets that are not compatible with plugs from the United Kingdom!
- Norway uses plugs of type C and F. The plug sockets of type G, which are common in the United Kingdom, are not in use in Norway.
- The voltages found in
UnitedStates of America (120V) and Taiwan (110V) are not exactly the same, but the difference is tolerable, so you should not need a transformer.
- Frequency found in
UnitedStates of America and Taiwan is exactly the same (60Hz).