Look for Lebanon power plug socket adapter type ,You have a confusion about the using of your appliances in Lebanon, you don’t know which plug types and electrical sockets used in Lebanon. In this article, we will help you to have a global idea about the electricity in Lebanon.
The Electricity in Lebanon:
Lebanon wall Outlet Voltage : 220V
The Lebanon standard frequency : 50HZ
Lebanon power Plug Types : A,B,C,D and G.
Electrical Outlets and Plug types in Lebanon:
Lebanon uses power plugs and outlets of types A,B,C,D and G. You can take a look at the following pictures:
- Type A: This type mainly used in Central and North of America, China and Japan. Only works with the plug type A.
- Type B: Is like type A but with an extra prong for grounding. This plug socket also works with the plug A.
- Type C: Is known as the standard European plug, is used in Europe, South-America and Asia. The plug types E and F will also fit in the C socket.
- Type D: Commonly used in Nepal, Sri Lanka and a few American countries. Is only works with the plug D.
- Type G: Thus plug type from British origin, is mainly used in the United Kingdom, Malta and Singapore. But no other plug types fit into the outlet of the type G.
The voltage and frequency in Lebanon:
The all power sockets in Lebanon provide a standard voltage of 220V with a standard frequency of 50Hz.
You will use all of your appliances in Lebanon if the standard voltage in your own country is between 220V-240V. And this is the case in most of Europe, Australia, the United Kingdom and most countries in Africa.
But if the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100V-127V which is most common in the United State, Canada and countries in South America, you will need a voltage converter in Lebanon. In the other hand, if the standard frequency differs from the frequency used in your country, you need to be caution when plugging in your devices.
Lebanon travel plug Adapter:
Lebanon using the power outlets and plugs of types A,B,C, D & G and provide a standard voltage of 220 V and a standard frequency of 50 HZ. Before using your devices in Lebanon you need to check
the label on the device or power adapter which indicates what voltages the device can work with. So if you see 100-240V 50/60Hz printed, the adapter is rated to work on all voltages used in the all of the world. You need to know that the power plug adapters only convert plug types and do not convert voltages.
Do I need a travel adapter for a trip from United States of America to Lebanon?
You need a travel plug adapter for a trip from the United States to Lebanon. Because in Lebanon, the people are using a multi plugs and electrical outlets that are not compatible with plugs from the United States!
Lebanon using a higher voltage than the 120 volts in the United States. It means that you have to be careful when using electrical devices from the United States.
The frequency in Lebanon is lower than the 60 Hertz in use in the United States. It may not be a problem for most of your devices, but you still have to be carful.