Are you planning to travel to Japan? , and you have a confusion about the plug power and voltage, check if you need a voltage converter or power plug adapter for the power outlets (sockets ) used in Japan.
Electricity in Japan
- The power plugs and sockets are of type A and B.
- The standard voltage is 100 V and the standard frequency is 50/60 Hz.
Power plugs and sockets in Japan
Power plugs and sockets used in Japan are of types A and B. Check out the following pictures:
- Type A: This type of plug is mainly used in Central and North America, Japan and China. This socket only Work with plug A.
- Type B : This type is like type A with an extra prong for Grounding and this socket is also work with plug A .
Voltage and frequency in Japan
The standard voltage in Japan is 100 V and the frequency is 50/60 HZ, and you can use your electric appliances in
You will need a voltage converter in Japan, if the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 220 – 240 V (as is in the Europe, UK, Asia, Africa and Australia). And some say you can carefully try to use your appliances in Japan without a converter. Otherwise, most likely they won’t be damaged but may not function optimally. If you don’t want to take any chances simply use a converter.
carful: In Japanthe voltage is 100 V ,is less than in the United States of America 120 V. You will need a voltage converter.
Travel adapter in Japan
Japan adapter is the same adapter is used in the United States and the reason you may need an adapter in Japan is
are for the travelers whose are living in the united state of America:
- You don’t need a power plug adapter in Japan, if you living in the United States of America , .
- You need a voltage converter.
- Be careful with certain appliances because of the differences in frequency.
6 Important things you will want to bring On Your Japan Trip
- Credit card and Cash
- Reserve a Portable Wi-Fi or a SIM Card
- Don’t forget to download useful application
- Power bank and/or Electrical adapter
- right clothes for the weather
- Right footwear for the occasion