When you planning to visit Finland, it ‘s good for you to know in advance if you will be able to use your vital electronics that you are bringing along with you. And without knowing which wall socket is being used you may bring the wrong power adaptor. The different sockets and voltages can be perplexing when planning on traveling to another country especially if you’ve never visited before. This article tells you exactly what you will need in advance to charge your electronics in Finland during your trip.
The Electricity in Finland:
- the Standard voltage in Finland is: 230 V
- Finland standard frequency: 50 HZ
- The Finland power Plug Type: C and F
Power plugs and sockets in Finland
The power plugs and sockets used in Finland are of types C and F. Check out the following pictures :
- Type C: This Type is the plug which has two round pins.
- Type F : Is the plug which has two round pins with two earth on the side . This plug also known as Schuko, And this plug socket works with plug C and plug E.
The voltage and frequency in Finland
The standard voltage in Finland is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50
But, if the standard voltage in your country is between 100V-127V as in the United State, Canada and some of the countries in South America, you will need a voltage converter in Finland. And without a converter, you will damage your electronic appliances.
The plug adapter in Finland
if you are bringing a dual-voltage electronics with you to Finland, you still need a plug adapter, because Finland uses a different type of plug than the United State. Be careful when buying your plug adapter, because there are six different types of plug adapter corresponding to the six different international plug
Do you need a travel adapter when you travel to Finland?
Your appliance are compatible with the voltage used in Finland (230V)?
- The voltages found in United States of America and Finland are significantly different.
If your equipment is not compatible with multiple voltages, you will need a transformer to adjust the voltage input when using your Equipment in Finland.