Ethiopia electrical plug adapter type , Are you planning to travel to Ethiopia, wondering whether your cell phone or your laptop keeps on working when you are there? Because the different plug types and voltages can make you perplex when you want to travel to another country especially you did not visited before.
Below are some things you need to know before you set on your trip:
- The types of plugs and sockets used in Ethiopia.
- The electrical volatge, frequency, and type plug in Ethiopia.
- Some information about the travel adapter in Ethiopia.
The Electric voltage frequency plug type in Ethiopia:
- Ethiopia standard voltage is : 220 V
- The Ethiopia standard frequency : 50 HZ
- Ethiopia power Plug Types : C,E,F and L.
The power plugs and sockets in Ethiopia:
In Ethiopia the power plugs and sockets are of types C, E,F and L. You can check out the following pictures:
- Type C: This socket is also known as the standard Euro plug. The plug types E and F can fit in the type C.
- Type E: This plug type is a French Origin. In addition, this plug socket also works with the plug type C and the plug type F.
- Type F: Is also known as shucko. The plug type C and the plug E can fit into the type F.
- Type L: This plug type is of Italian origin, and this plug socket also works with the plug type C
The voltage and frequency in Ethiopia:
The standard voltage in Ethiopia is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. And you can use your devices in Ethiopia, if the standard voltage in your country is between 220V- 240 V as is in the United Kingdom, Europe,
Australia and most of Asia and Africa.
Please take these small deviations into account, if the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100 V and 127 V which is common in the United State, Canada and most South American countries, you will need a
voltage converter in Ethiopia.
Otherwise, if the frequency in Ethiopia (50 Hz) is different from the one in your country, it is not advised to use your equipment in Ethiopia.
The travel adapter in Ethiopia:
In Ethiopia the people are using a different types of adapter plugs the plug type C,E,F and L. When you wantto travel overseas it is Useful for you to take with you along the correct adapter plug for your trip. In addition, the travel adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 220 volts. The plug adapter does not change the voltage unless your appliance is dual voltage.
If you are travelling from the United States of America to Ethiopia:
You will need a travel adapter in Ethiopia, when living in the United States of America.
You will also need a voltage converter.
Be more careful with your appliances because of the differences in the frequency.
Your devices with the plug type A will not fit the socket C,E,F or L.
Your devices with the plug type B will not fit the socket C,E,F or L.