You are planning to travel to Ecuador, but wondering whether your cell phone or your laptop keeps on working When you are there or not.
Before you start your trip these are some few things you need to know:
- The kind of plugs is used in Ecuador.
- The standard voltage and frequency in Ecuador.
- And the last things you need to have some information about the travel adapter.
The Electricity in Ecuador:
- The standard voltage is :120 V
- The standard frequency is :60HZ
- The power Plug Types are :A and B
The power plugs and sockets in Ecuador:
The power plugs and sockets in Ecuador are of types A and B. Check out the following pictures:
Type B: This type is like type A but with an extra prong for grounding. And this plug socket also works with the plug type A.
The voltage and frequency in Ecuador:
- The all sockets in Ecuador provide a standard voltage of 120V with a standard frequency of 60Hz.
If the standard voltage in your country is the range of 110 V – 127 V as is in the United State, the most South American countries also Canada, you will use your electric appliances in Ecuador. But be careful if you bring the appliances from Japan (100 V).
And if the standard voltage in your country is between 220V – 240 V as is in the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa you need a voltage converter in Ecuador.
Otherwise, if the frequency in Ecuador differs from the one in your country, it is not safe to use your equipment. And if there is no voltage difference, you could at your own risk try to use the appliance for a short time.
The travel adapter in Ecuador:
The travel adapter simply allows the plug of your device to fit in the electrical outlet. Ecuador’s sockets are like those in North America.: the two flat, the parallel prongs, a type A. But if you are coming from another country, you will probably need an adapter which has the “A” type plug with a receptacle that fits the plug of your appliance.
For the travels who are living in the United State of America:
- You do not need a travel adapter for a trip from the United State to Ecuador, in Ecuador, the people are using the same plugs as in the United State of America.
- Ecuador uses Electrical outlets of type A and B, are the same types of plugs used in the United State.
- The voltage is equal to 120 v in the US, it means that you can use all of your appliances in Ecuador without any problems.
- The frequency is the same as in the US, so it is safe to use your electric appliance in Ecuador.