When you thinking to travel to another country, you need to be caution when using your electric appliances, because there are a different plug types and sockets in the worldwide. For that we will help you to discover all the different Bulgaria’s power plug socket types and some information about the voltage and the travel adapter in Bulgaria.
Electrical Voltage plug frequency in The Bulgaria:
- The Bulgaria standard voltage is : 230 V
- Bulgaria standard frequency : 50HZ
- The Bulgaria power Plug Type : F
Type of plugs sockets in Bulgaria:
The power plugs and sockets in Bulgaria are of type F. Check out the following pictures:
Type F: This plug type is also known as Schuko. The plug type C and plug E can fit the plug socket F.
But if you are from the United States of America you will need a power plug adapter for sockets type F.
Your equipments with the plug A will not fit socket F.
Your equipment with the plug B will not fit socket F.
The voltage and frequency in Bulgaria:
The standard voltage in Bulgaria is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. So you can use your electric appliances in Bulgaria, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 V- 240 V which is common in the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa.
But you will not use your electric equipments in Bulgaria without a voltage converter, because the standard voltage in Bulgaria (230 V) is higher than the voltage which used in the United States of America (120 V). And if
the frequency in Bulgaria (50 Hz) is differs from the one in your country, it is not advised to use your equipments.
But if there is no voltage difference, you could try to use the appliance for a short time at your own risk.
The travel adapter in Bulgaria:
The power adapter for Bulgaria is a small and cheap plastic adapter which permits a Bulgarian power outlet to Work with a different type of power plug from an appliance from another region. And the best power adapter for Bulgaria will be a Type F plug adapter which allows you to use any 230 volt appliance or device.
If you are traveling from the United States of America to Bulgaria:
- The voltage is equal to the 230 volts in the United Kingdom. So this means that you can use all your electrical appliances without any problems
- The frequency is the same as in the United Kingdom. And that’s why it is safe to use all your electric appliances in Bulgaria.
- You might need a power plug adapter in Bulgaria, when living in the United States of America. Because the people in Bulgaria are using different plugs and plug sockets that are not compatible with plugs from the United Kingdom!
- You will also need a voltage converter.
- You need to be more careful with certain appliances because of the difference in frequency